Terms and Conditions
As a user of this service you agree that:
- You are using your actual identity with no impersonation of another person
- The personal information provided during the registration process is true, accurate, current and complete
- You will be solely responsible for any advice given to you by the healthcare provider through the teleconsultation. You hereby release and hold harmless Rabita Healthcare from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of or resulting from any advice not adhered to
- This telehealth platform is only a tool to allow patients to access medical recommendations given by a healthcare provider at Rabita Healthcare
- All engagement between you and Rabita Healthcare are governed by these patient obligations
- As a user of the telehealth service provided by Rabita Healthcare, you agree to receive essential information and advice in the form of an email or phone call. Thus, you agree to be available on these platforms at all times
- You shall not use any recommendations or information from the telehealth consultation with the healthcare provider for any purposes other than managing the health of the person for whom the recommendation was intended for.
- You are expected to present yourself to a healthcare facility immediately for any appropriate medical attention in any medical emergency or critical care situation and not attempt to use the telehealth platform as a substitute for such conditions. The telehealth service is only meant to for a professional medical consultation and advise
- Being an online application, there might be unforeseeable network and infrastructure issues in which case the application will not be available until the issue is rectified. Under such circumstances please directly visit your preferred healthcare facility in person for any services you may need. Rabita Healthcare is not liable for any periods of non-availability of this application
- Rabita Healthcare will make all possible efforts to provide you the best healthcare services. However, Rabita Healthcare shall not incur any liability and shall declare any service guarantee void in the event the user is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement
- Both parties are at liberty to terminate this agreement. This will not terminate nor impact any other consultations or patient relationship that you have with Rabita Healthcare.
- Please note that you are required to visit a health facility, as and when advised by the doctor through the telehealth system.
- If the advice provided by the healthcare provider through the telehealth is substantially different from your current treatment and prescribed medication, it is your duty to inform the specialist on the telehealth consultation before implementing the advice
- As a patient of the telehealth consultation, you are required to inform the healthcare provider of all current and previous illnesses, health conditions, surgeries, consultations and medications with any other healthcare providers
- The health information, vital sign readings, dates, timings and notes logged in by you or on your behalf should be accurate
- For self-monitored readings, it is the patient’s responsibility to use devices of proper quality and to ensure that they are re-calibrated when required
- Rabita healthcare will provide qualified healthcare professionals for the telehealth consultation. Not following the instructions of the healthcare provider will be considered as non-compliance of the agreement leading to termination of the agreement
- The healthcare team will provide advice based on the vitals provided by you. You are thus advised to provide these vitals accurately
- Rabita Healthcare will not assume any legal responsibility for the patient’s medical condition and this telehealth consultation only intends to aid in understanding the condition better based on the information given and is not meant to replace an in-person consultation
- The online system is expected to enhance, not replace clinic visits. It is your responsibility to schedule follow-up appointments as indicated by your doctor
- The patient is free to discontinue using this service at any time, with the knowledge of Rabita Healthcare.
- Rabita Healthcare does not attend to Emergencies through this application. Under these circumstances, the patient has to contact the nearest hospital immediately
- The patient data will be kept confidential by Rabita Healthcare and will not be disclosed to anyone under normal circumstances except as requested by law or in an emergency situation when requested by another healthcare provider.
Patient Medical Record
- All your personal health data and usage data is owned by Rabita Healthcare irrespective of the access you may or may not have to it. Your usage and access to your data is defined by Rabita Healthcare
- The personal health information you provide is entered into your medical record on our patient management system on your behalf and is your responsibility to ensure that information provided is accurate and complete
- Appointment Timing: While the patient may specify the preferred appointment timing for a telehealth consultation, Rabita Healthcare reserves the right to schedule the appointment for an alternative timing. If this timing is not convenient, the user can request that it be rescheduled or refunded their payment. Due to unpredictable medical emergencies, it may be that the healthcare provider is sometimes unable to attend to the video consultation exactly at the appointed time. In such cases the session might be rescheduled to a later time in consultation with the patient Telehealth Duration: By default, the average duration of a telehealth consultation will be the duration decided by Rabita Healthcare. It reserves the right to decide when the consultation ends. In the rare circumstance that Rabita Healthcare has to conclude the telemedicine consultation mid-way due to an emergency or technical problem, then a new session at an alternative timing will be scheduled
- Video Session Privacy, Security & Etiquette: It is required that the patient prepares ahead of time to participate in the Video Consultation, in a quiet and private place, where only the patient is present in the room where the video session is being held. For elderly or disabled patients who require help to participate in the video, a caregiver may be present. There must be no audio/video recording of the video session by the patient. It is necessary that the patient (and any caregiver) act with proper decorum in speech and action during the video consultation. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in termination of the video session with no refund or rescheduling of the consultation
- Telehealth Quality: The quality of the telehealth session depends on the quality of the Internet connection, web cam and audio facilities of both the patient and Rabita Healthcare. It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that the performance and quality of the equipment and connection used, are optimal for doing the telehealth session online
- Nature of Consultation: Video Consultations must not be scheduled for patients with critical medical conditions and/or for emergencies. Such consultations are suitable only for basic follow-ups between the patient and healthcare provider and/or preliminary consultation before meeting the healthcare provider in person.
Data in this application of telehealth be created by your healthcare providers at Rabita Healthcare and by yourself (the patient) after logging into the application with your authorized user account. Information that is collected as you use our web patient portal and mobile application includes the following:
- Personal information: Personal information includes name and email address that you provide at signup. It also includes phone number, address and other personally identifiable information that you may choose to add to your user account profile. No payment method information is stored by this application
- Personal Health Information: Personal health information about patients users, that patient users themselves or authorized personell of Rabita Healthcare enter into the Personal Health Record of a patient, including age, gender, known health conditions, medications, allergies, vaccinations, history of surgeries or procedures, goals, health journal entries and data that you enter into your health trackers either manually or by syncing with a health monitoring device or from a third party source that you alone authorize. It also includes medical reports and files that you choose to upload into your health profile
Text or Question Based Consultations
- Every attempt will be made to provide responses to your questions within the stipulated response time. However do not under any circumstances, delay seeking direct medical attention from your healthcare provider or nearest hospital
- Asking medical questions to a healthcare provider, whom you have not been consulting directly, does not necessarily result in establishing a doctor-patient relationship. Any response from the healthcare provider only constitutes helpful information which must be verified with your own doctor
- Do not change any medication, treatment regimen or other healthcare measures without confirmation from your own healthcare provider. Any advice or information in responses to your questions/text consultations to healthcare providers of Rabita Healthcare, only qualify as recommendations.
- Rabita Healthcare is not liable for any healthcare issues related to the questions raised. Information provided at the time of asking a question must be accurate and complete. This is only to ensure that the response provided is helpful to the patient and does not involve a liability on part of Rabita Healthcare
- Response time for a question is indicative of only the initial response to the question and does not include the time for responding to follow-up notes. Each follow-up should be expected to require the same response time as the initial question
- In the case of any emergency, always contact your own healthcare provider and go to the nearest hospital or healthcare provider
- Payments for this service are covered by the payment terms for services through the patient portal and mobile application.
- All consultation fees for services through the mobile and web application interfaces of MyDoctor have to be paid as per the terms of the service that you use.
- In course of time, Rabita Healthcare may introduce other services in the system, the charges for which will be communicated to you as and when such services are introduced
- The healthcare provider reserves the right to revise the consultation and service charges at any time, at the sole discretion of the healthcare provider. The charge applicable at any given time, will be the charge displayed at the time of using the service
- Payments made for any remote monitoring plans will not be refunded should you decide to discontinue.
Use of Information
In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
Transmission and Storage Security All data is stored only in the servers of our technology vendor on the highly secure Amazon Web Service platform (which is compliant with HIPAA regulations). Necessary measures in providing secure transmission of personal health information before it is transferred across the Internet from your personal computer or devices are ensured. However, you should be aware of possible risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet as no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and of risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of personal information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Restriction on the basis of age All users of the patient portal of Rabita Healthcare are expected to be above 18 years of age. Parents, caregivers/guardians and healthcare providers are allowed to provide and store personal information about others, including minors and children. Any user providing, storing or submitting information on behalf of a child/person under guardianship assumes full responsibility over the submission, use, and transmission of such information.